Steering Committee Meeting 5.14.19
- Treasurer’s Report (Chris Micciche)
- Checking account balance: $1029.80
- NPG grants status: $3,700
- Response regarding our budget request to WPC: Still waiting to hear back from Erin Prosser and Matt Martin. Omar suggested that we communicate with each other about reminding Erin and Matt about this.
- Expenses coming up in the next 30 days: Rally in the Alley, childcare, food costs.
- Festival Planning update (Laura Kogan)
- Dream Center covering food for
- Still looking for volunteers
- Housing Committee update (Laura )
- What to do with the Weinland Park Collaborative-owned doubles? Campus Partners wants the properties to go to the Land Trust, which means they will be demolished.
- The Housing Committee is pushing that two of the doubles (1243-1245 N 6th St. and 1324-1326 N 5th St.) be sold to a contractor, renovated, and sold as condos.
- Joe Swora suggested looking at trade/apprenticeship programs to help with renovations
- Planning to vote on this at the next monthly meeting.
- Make sure to promote the meeting and announce the upcoming vote about the meeting.
- Planning the WPCCA Meeting on Thursday, May 23:
- Lydia will make event, email, and change on Google calendar
- Georgina and Omar with Community Connectors will make phone calls on Monday or Tuesday
- Georgina will send the updated WP resident member list to Lydia
- Outstanding Neighbor Award: Chet Jackson. Georgina will track down from Tracie, Chris will track down from Knables.
- Laura Bidwa: music
- Omar Elhagmusa: food and BOGO coupons for Coffee Connections, bring WP t-shirts for childcare providers at .
- Joe : leading meeting.
- Icebreaker: ask Diamond (Lydia)
- Vote on of WPC doubles (Laura B)
- Ben Anthony Storybook Village (Laura B will ask him)
- Rally in the Alley (Chet Jackson, Georgina Stevenson confirmed)
- Announcements: Joe Swora asking for help forming a committee to review constitutions and by-laws with him.
- Set theme/topic for WPCCA monthly meeting on Thursday, June 27:
- Ice cream and games in the pavilion at the park (Laura Bidwa will ask Jennifer Cheeks and Kauwe Caldwell about coming up with a game)
- Rally in the Alley: Saturday, June 1.
- Feedback from Rally in the Alley leadership: make the WPCCA leadership more visible at the event.
- $75 needed to pull permits for street closures
- Requesting $500 from the WPCCA. Treasurer requesting collection of the receipts.
- Chris will write a check and give it to Susan Colbert at OSU Extension and she will give it to Chet Jackson
- Motion: Laura moved to contribute $500 to Rally in the Alley, Omar seconded. Motion passes, 6-0.
- Amending the WPCCA constitution and by-laws.
- Being a resident is a requirement for an elected , but attending WPCCA meetings is not a requirement. Should this be changed?
- Reminder to think some more to invite people to be involved. Bradley, Carl (5th St and 7th Ave),
- Next Steering Committee meeting more to form a committee (canâ€
t be a part of the steering committee) to review the constitution and by-laws. Joe Swora volunteered to help with this ad hoc committee.
- Possibility of OSU student intern for summer 2019
- Brian Hood, a junior at OSU studying environment, economics, and community development, moving into the area in July.
- Introduce Brian Hood at the Thursday, May 23 WPCCA meeting
- Laura Kogan volunteered to document hours and someone to sign off on them and be of contact. Laura Bidwa will respond to him and cc Laura Kogan in the emails.
- Omar suggesting that rather than OSU students coming to WPCCA with project ideas, could we go to OSU community development programs and request volunteers/interns for the WPCCA?
Meeting adjourned at 8:13 p.m.