Steering Committee Meeting 02/12/19
Welcome to Chris Micciche, new interim treasurer!
Chris came with a document showing the total expenditures for 2018. Chris will grant Omar access to the bookkeeping for printing invoices.
Email expense reimbursements
Feb 27 Resource Fair Participants:
- Columbus Rec and Parks
- Columbus Fire Department
- Division of Code
- YMCA–Ward Branch
- Huckleberry House
- Michael Liggett (Short North parking) (TBD)
- Refuse collection (TBD)
- At Home by High (Katie Beaumont)
- A Good Start (Charity Romero-Rose)
- Building Doctor Program (Susan Keeney)
WPCCAHousing Committee (Laura Bidwa and Matt Adair)–collecting feedback on new Summit/5th plans
- UAC Planning Committee (Amy Elbaor)–collecting traffic issues
To-Do List for WPCCA Meeting on Feb 27, 2019: Leading up to the meeting:
- Omar will ask La’Wan Sellers and football team to help with set up
- Omar will order Adriatico’s, bring paper products and water
- Omar will ask Steve about how to pay for childcare and how to be reimbursed for it
- Chris Micciche will contact Patrick Knable to invite him and his family to the WPCCA meeting
- Lydia will contact Joe and Renee Byler about attending
meeting(their daughter Eisley nominated Patrick and Ashley Knable)
- Lydia will bring a card for Jennifer Cheeks and Kauwe Caldwell and family
- Laura will bring the Oustanding Neighbor nomination papers and WP Star for Knable family, also Weinland Park letters banner
- Matt Adair will
send, brings e-newsletter bluetoothspeaker to meetingon Feb 27.
Day of the Meeting:
- Arrive at 6:00 p.m. to start setting up
- DJ Omar gets
- Rows of chairs in the middle, tables in U-shape around the edge of the room
- Sign in and
- Omar will start the meeting at 6:30 p.m. by announcing the Outstanding Neighbor Award winners
- Next will be brief announcements about mapping safety concerns, mentioning the
sign-insheet that Susan Keeney will have available for those interested in the Building Doctor program.
- Ice breaker question for the Resource Fair organizations
- Resource Fair begins
Meetingends at 7:45-8:00 p.m.
Ideas for Future WPCCA Meetings:
- Ice breaker ideas:
- Breaking up in pairs to interview each other (have specific questions), introduce your partner
- Nominate Ms. Pearl as Outstanding Neighbor, at the meeting where we discuss WP history
Preparing for elections in 2020
What needs to happen to make the election process a better experience for the community?
- Discussing at the WPCCA meeting the need for new leadership
- Training and encouraging emerging leaders in the community
- Agenda for the Feb 27 meeting
- Minutes from the Jan WPCCA meeting (summary)
- Specifics about
upcomingmeeting (Resource Fair), mention organizations that will be present
Meeting adjourned at 7:53 p.m.