The Wexner Center for the Arts has collaborated on a number of projects that connect Weinland Park residents with museum educators and a variety of artists that have both local and international reach. Our community is home to many artists of all sort; we value the Arts, and the Wex gives our residents the opportunity to demonstrate these values on a large scale.
Past efforts have included:
- Weinland Park Billboard – launched in June 2015, designed to “take back” the images and messages conveyed at a key gateway of the community for one year
- The Weinland Park Story Book – published in 2014, this hand-illustrated, limited-edition publication tells some of the joyful, funny, heartbreaking, and poignant stories and impressions of this vibrant area as it experiences both the benefits and challenges of rapid change and gentrification.
- Red Circle – started in 2013, facilitates free arts activities for neighborhood families.
- Annual participation in the Weinland Park Festival
- The Builders Association’s multimedia theatrical production HOUSE / DIVIDED, a show about the mortgage crisis that integrated stories from Weinland Park; it premiered at the Wex in 2011 and toured nationally.
Find photos, media, and more info at wexarts.org.